Friday, February 15, 2013

Homemade Pizza

It's back to the basics and I'm exploring the beauty of a simple recipe, well done.  No frills, no fuss, just plain old favorites prepared with the utmost simplicity.  I wanted to share a savoury classic. Pizza. It is fast, cheap and convenient to order. So, most of us never bother making it at home. But if you do make it at home and realize how easy it really is to have pizza dough stocked up in your fridge and pizza sauce sitting in a jar, you might never order pizza from the store again. And the crust, oh the crust!
The recipe I am going to share with you today was given to me by one of my closest friends after having a celebratory get-together at my house.  We all made personal pizzas and oh was it delicious!  As much as I like to tinker with most recipes, this recipe I have decided doesn't need any tinkering.  The center is always fluffy and perfectly cooked, and the edges are always golden and crispy.  I love me some crust, and this pizza dough recipe produces some yummy crust if I do say so myself.  Do give it a try and let me know how it goes.  Before checking out the recipe, be sure to take a look at my photos from this fun baking adventure!
I'm definitely one happy camper...mm mm good! 
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Friday, and go make some pizzas!


Yummilicious Pizza Dough Recipe
Bake at 500 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
1/4 cup warm water 
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup cool water

1. Prepare dough: Stir water, yeast and sugar in bowl until dissolved.  Let stand in warm place 10 minutes until foamy.
2. Place flour, oil, hone, salt and yeast mixture in food processor.  With motor running, add water in steady stream; process until mixture forms a ball. (if dough is too sticky, add a little flour.)
3. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface.  Knead 7 minutes until smooth and elastic.  Place in lightly greased bowl, turning to coat.  Cover with damp towel. Let rest 30 minutes in warm place. (mixture will almost double.)
4. Punch down dough.  Divide and shape into 4-8 equal balls (I make 8 to make smaller personalized size pizzas).  Place on lightly greased plate, turning to coat.  Cover tightly with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.  Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
5. Preheat oven to very hot (500 degrees).  Place rack in lowest position. 
6. Roll or stretch each ball of dough on lightly floured surface to 8-inch or so circle.  Place on 2 large baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal (optional). Brush pizzas with oil. 
7. Prepare you yummy pizzas! :)
8. Bake until crust is browned and cheeses are bubbly.  
9. ENJOY!! 



Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment