Monday, November 7, 2011

Cinemagraph

Bringing a photo to life is something I love, but now being able to actually bring life into my photos is amazing. I've been wanting to create my own cinemagraph since spring, and is very happy now that I can try it with my new camera!

What is a cinemagraph you may ask. Well, it is simply a moving picture, formerly known as an animated GIF; which has become a new trend I've been seeing all over. The part I love most about cinemagraphs is: I get to choose what section of the photo moves, which puts an emphasises the smallest details you may otherwise overlook in a video or in a photo. Possibly the best of both worlds. Jamie Beck, a cinemagraph genius, has really inspired me, and I hope that someday mine will be up to that level of beauty. Love them!

I couldn't wait to find a day to go outside and start my new project. Of course the day I chose was very very cold but beautiful! I love fall!

Here is my cinemagraph I made, my first attempt at least! I can't wait to make some more, they are so fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment