Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New Gear

Oh how I love the smell of fresh gear in the morning! I am pleased to introduce you to my two new beauties in my camera bag.

Nikon 85mm 1.4
This lens is a hunk. If he had a name it would be James. I've had my eye on this one since it first came out and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. From the very first moment I attached the J-man to my camera I fell in love. The lens is a beefy piece of glass, but produces some of the prettiest portraits. Ever. It creates superb bokeh and the creamy tones are to die for! I can't wait for all the fun and exciting times we'll have together!

Lensbaby Composer Pro, Sweet 35 Optic, Edge 80 Optic
Where do I begin. I couldn't wait to take this baby out of its box, and play with it! It is unlike any lens I've ever used. I chose to get the Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic that creates extremely unique images I'm going to have alot of fun with. On top of that I chose to get the Edge 80 optic as well which you can see in the images below! This new optic is perfect!!!  When tilted, it delivers a slice of sharp focus through the image, bordered by a soft blur. When pointed straight ahead, it can be used like a normal lens. My favorite part is when you tilt it just right, it acts as a tilt shift lens and is much more affordable than the Nikon tilt shift lens.

There is something special about the Lensbaby I would like to share with you all. My dad is a brilliant mechanical engineer who worked with Lensbaby to create their lenses!!! Incredible, right! I think so! It makes even more awesome to own one! :)

These lenses have been fun to use so far and can't wait to show you all the photos I took during the photo shoot I had this week! 
Thanks for stopping by, and have an amazing 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment