Friday, February 21, 2014

My Voice My Music

I am proud to announce and invite you to join me in supporting the students I've been working with since September at this year's fundraiser concert, My Voice My Music. The students who are a part of Ackerman's music program have been tireless practicing, creating, writing their own poetry and music pieces alongside some amazing instructors and performers from My Voice Music, including J Poetic.  

My Voice Music is a nonprofit organization that engages marginalized youth in music and performance in order to promote self-esteem, social skills and emotional expression.  They have done a phenomenal job working with, encouraging, and challenging the students to go beyond what they can imagine they can do.  I have loved seeing the students grow, develop their skills on various instruments, and become more confident in themselves.  They are going to put on one AMAZING show and you're not going to want to miss this night!


We hope to see you at The Place to be Cafe here in Canby March 13th at 6pm (music starts at 6:30, be sure to get there early to get some dinner and save a spot!).  The Place to be Cafe is graciously donating 10% of their profit from the night to the Ackerman Music Program! How amazing, so invite your friends, come, eat, drink and enjoy this entertaining night!

For more information about this event call 503-266-7140 or email saadg@canby.k12.or.us

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment